A Spoonful Of Nonsense

What's going on....in my world, and in yours

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Zoo Puts Giraffe On Birth Control

Vets at the Biblical Zoo in Jerusalem have put a giraffe on birth control since the giraffe population tripled to nine recently.

Five-year-old Shavit has been injected with birth control hormones, delivered by dart, after giving birth twice in four years. A zoo spokeswoman, Sigalit Dzir, said yesterday that while the calves are cute and giraffes make good mothers, there is not enough room for more. Keepers are also worried about inbreeding.

The zoo has moved two giraffes to a zoo in Singapore, but US and European zoos do not want animals from Israel because of fears of foot and mouth disease.

8 Comments:

  • At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I guess that's a good thing then.

     
  • At 11:44 PM, Blogger A Spoon said…

    not sure myself

     
  • At 3:03 PM, Blogger Valerene said…

    hahaha =D do giraffes from israel really have foot and mouth disease? i'm valerene btw...i just jumbled my username.

     
  • At 12:32 PM, Blogger Steve House said…

    send them rich's way. He'll have anything thats horny

     
  • At 1:59 PM, Blogger Christopher D. Bate said…

    Or Mark's but they'd have to be still at school.

     
  • At 11:11 PM, Blogger A Spoon said…

    boys! im shocked : )

     
  • At 12:44 AM, Blogger November Rain said…

    I need to say I am sorry spoon I am not sure where you and fork are in the UK but I should have asked if you were near London and wanted to meet... things were just a bit hectic

     
  • At 6:32 AM, Blogger Nashe^ said…

    u mean there's a couple of your giraffes in my country?

    coolness.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home