A Spoonful Of Nonsense

What's going on....in my world, and in yours

Monday, November 21, 2005

Chinese float liquid condom concept

China's first liquid condom went on sale today after the country's health and drugs administration formally gave the hi-tech prophylactic the thumbs-up, the China Daily reports.

Dubbed the Nanometer-silver Cryptomorphic Condom (NCC), it's designed for female rather than male usage. The condom-in-a-can is essentially an antiseptic foam spray that the manufacturer claims forms a physical membrane inside the vagina, protecting it from infection, acting as a barrier to pregnancy and providing a lubricating effect.

It's not known who makes the NCC, but Beijing-based Chinese-Canadian condom maker Blue Cross Biomedical has been touting something along these lines for a while now. It maintains its spray-in condom "can effectively kill gynaecological disease pathogens such as staphylococcus aureus, Candida, coliform bacillus, and can prevent sexually transmitted diseases.

"It can remain in the vagina for a long time without destroying the vagina's chemical balance," the company adds. "Daily use of this product can help maintain genital hygiene and prevent infection by pathogens".

8 Comments:

  • At 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i'll pass!

     
  • At 1:34 PM, Blogger A Spoon said…

    interview went v well, but they still didnt give me the job! some crap about credit checks :(

     
  • At 1:55 PM, Blogger Christopher D. Bate said…

    Grim.

     
  • At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds like a great invention!

    No more need for brollies either! Or gloves! Or socks!

     
  • At 8:48 PM, Blogger clew said…

    I wonder if in time they'll find out that it could kill you, like that damn patch? :/

     
  • At 9:13 PM, Blogger Marisa said…

    hmmm ... not quite sure what i think about that. i'm not terribly keen on the idea of my healthcare or my reproductive choices depending on anything titled, "... in a can"

     
  • At 4:22 PM, Blogger November Rain said…

    ok sorry but with dieases like AIDS I think I would rather not take a chance
    something just doesnt seem safe about it

    lucky I am with Fire
    but if I wasnt and I was looking either we would know each other long enough for me to have develope a trust that my partner was clean and still use a condom or our first date would be at a clinic

    I like sex but I do not want aids

     
  • At 4:17 PM, Blogger kay said…

    i dunno, this looks suspicious. or maybe i'm just a suspicious type of person like that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home