A Spoonful Of Nonsense

What's going on....in my world, and in yours

Monday, September 19, 2005

Cannabis Grannie Raided


A cannabis-dealing grandmother has had her home raided by police for a third time.
Patricia Tabram hit the headlines earlier this year when she admitted possessing cannabis with intent to supply from her home in Northumberland.

The 66-year-old cooked up treats laced with the drug for neighbours and friends in East Lea, in Humshaugh, after being introduced to it in 2004.
She said she was "medicating" her friends who were sick or in pain because conventional NHS medicines did not work and left side-effects.
But after being raided by police twice last year, Mrs Tabram was warned she faced jail if she committed another offence.
She remained defiant after the latest incident.
"I realise I am going to go to prison," she said.
"Emmeline Pankhurst had to go to prison three times before women got the vote so I am not going to be worried about it.
"I have been thinking about things over the weekend and if the police charge me with anything except for 'my own use', then I am going to plead not guilty and go to trial."
She added: "I'm just an old, grey, tubby grandma and I'm going to fight this."
A Northumbria Police spokeswoman said: "As a result of information received, we executed a warrant at an address in the Hexham area on the morning of Friday September 16.
"A 66-year-old Hexham woman was arrested on suspicion of cultivating cannabis and bailed pending further inquiries."

1 Comments:

  • At 2:50 PM, Blogger JonSheridan said…

    lol, now that's just a cheap way of getting your grandkids to visit if ever I saw one :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home