A Spoonful Of Nonsense

What's going on....in my world, and in yours

Monday, August 15, 2005

Top 40 Number Ones

watching tv last night (again!) and came across a programme charting britains favourite number one hit singles of all time, so i thought i'd try my own. in no particular order....

1) queen - bohemian rhapsody
2) daniel bedingfield - gotta get thru this
3) enrique iglesias - hero
4) darius - colourblind
5) michael andrews ft. gary jules - mad world
6) peter andre - mysterious girl (i know, i know! guilty pleasure)
7) take that - back for good
8) blur - country house
9) michael jackson - earth song
10) babylon zoo - spaceman
11) oasis - dont look back in anger
12) deep blue something - breakfast at tiffany's
13) prodigy - breathe
14) boyzone - a different beat
15) hanson - MMMbop (!)
16) cornershop - brimful of asha
17) lenny kravitz - fly away
18) westlife - flying without wings
19) ricky martin - livin la vida loca (!)
20) bangles - eternal flame
21) john lennon - imagine
22) soft cell - tainted love
23) queen and david bowie - under pressure
24) police - every breath you take
25) david bowie - space oddity
26) police - message in a bottle
27) T rex - get it on
28) t rex - telegram sam
29) beach boys - good vibrations
30) the kinks - sunny afternoon
31) the beatles - hey jude
32) robbie williams - angels
33) busted - you said no
34) u2 - vertigo
35) the verve - the drugs dont work
36) pink - just like a pill
37) daniel bedingfield - if you're not the one
38) the fugees - killing me softly
39) blur - beetlebum
40) no doubt - dont speak

god that was difficult! bit of a cheese-fest in places i know - but they're all songs i love! and im not (too) ashamed to admit it : )

12 Comments:

  • At 11:39 AM, Blogger JonSheridan said…

    One of my old nicknames was Mysterio and my friends used to sing "Mysterio's Girl" to me on nights out :)

     
  • At 11:46 AM, Blogger JonSheridan said…

    Because I used to mysteriously vanish on night's out. One minute I was there, the next, I'd gone.

     
  • At 11:53 AM, Blogger JonSheridan said…

    lol, you're lucky you didn't get a nickname for it. My nickname stuck for ages. Some people didn't even know my real name at work :(

     
  • At 12:10 PM, Blogger JonSheridan said…

    Of course :)

     
  • At 12:20 PM, Blogger clew said…

    You go girl. I absolutely love Queen. And have a few guilty pleasures on my list as well!

     
  • At 2:18 PM, Blogger JonSheridan said…

    lol, class answer :)

     
  • At 2:51 PM, Blogger JonSheridan said…

    Well, it made me laugh :)

     
  • At 4:35 PM, Blogger Cindy-Lou said…

    Oh man, I completely forgot about that Cornershop song! I instantly went to search for it but I can't find it anywhere. Would you be able to email it to me by any chance? chamil10@aol.com
    If not, that's cool. Thanks!

     
  • At 9:45 PM, Blogger Devil Mood said…

    First of all, well done because I know how hard it must be to limit it at 40.
    I'd be embarrassed of some of those songs too, if I were you. ;) I'm kidding, I'd have a lot more guilty music to add to my list. For instance: Take a chance on me - ABBA :)
    But there's a lot of nice songs on your list you have nothing to feel guilty about.

     
  • At 10:58 PM, Blogger Paul said…

    I used to like mmmbop too! We're both freaks!

     
  • At 11:51 PM, Blogger Lola said…

    I heard something insane like the number one in Britain was "Wonderwall" by Oasis. I am glad that you clarified this for us...

     
  • At 9:25 AM, Blogger JonSheridan said…

    Morning! How's you today? :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home